I love writing about the Chakras as they are so vital to our well-being and helping to make life and enjoyable experience. Two week ago I wrote about the chakras and how to feel their energy and you can find that blog here The Amazing Chakras
Today I am going to be writing about the first Chakra which is called the Base or Root Chakra. The first chakra is important as this is the grounding chakra.
This chakra helps to channel the energy upwards through the feet and legs to process and stabilise it. It then moves this energy on, up through the spine, now transmuted into a form that the body recognised as signals. This energy balances the endocrine system which comprise of the the gonads, ovaries and testes, through the release of hormones. When we do not get the full flow of this Earth energy, imbalance in our physical body can result.
When we are grounded, we are at one with life and we become intune with the beating heart of Mother Earth. The Base Chakra is associated with returning karma which is the sum of our experiences from previous existences. All karma is there for us to learn from and if we believe we get more than one chance at life then we are fortunate in that we can remember these lessons.
The base chakra act as the energetic recycling bin of our auric field. They change negative emotional energies into power and lights and return to Earth and ‘toxic waste’ that the other chakras cannot deal with, which helps to keep the rainbow purity of the aura.
The kidneys, adrenals, pelvis, hips, knees, lower back, sciatic nerve and bowel movement.
Colours associated with the Base Chakra: Red
Element associated with the Base Chakra: Earth
Location: Base of spine, spinning down between the legs
Earthly abundance, prosperity, trust in the natural flow of life, stability, ability to relax, health, vitality, ability to let go, sharing, supporting and sustaining the planet and its inhabitants, security, feeling at home, eating slowly, physical and mental flexibility, generosity, optimism.
Addiction to security, rigid boundaries, hoarding, attachment to material security, greed, stealing, gulping food, obesity, pessimism, waste, vandalism, stagnation, fear of the future and the ability to survive, self-absorption, instability, restlessness, homelessness, escapism, excessive financial worry, poverty, underweight, constipation and low energy.
Physical Communication Style of the Base Chakra:
Communicates physical and emotional needs through real-life sensory impressions: aches and pains, physical awareness, touches, smells, vibrations, movements, feelings. May involve getting sick as a means to becoming aware of a problem.
Psychic Communication Style of the Base Chakra:
Conveys informations regarding our mental needs through physical empathy, the registration of physical and feeling based sensations from sources that are perceived as not there. Can includes feelings of pains, illnesses; getting hit with smells, nausea, touches, vibrations that seem to come from nowhere.
Intuitive Communication Style of the Base Chakra:
Receives or sends physical sensations that makes us look at a soul or spiritual issue or need, causing us to sometimes experience an imaginary reality, as if we were really there (and yes we were). While these experiences are woven from psychic energies, they usually involve a higher learning and a call for a significant change in lifestyle.
Crystals to help the Base Chakra: Any red crystal or crystal for grounding such as Smokey Quartz, Black Quartz, Blark Tourmaline, Red Coral, Garnet, Emerald, Blue Sapphire, Carnelian, Azurite, Bloodstone, Chrysocolla, Obsidian, Golden Yellow Topaz, Citrine, and Red Jasper.
Tools to help balance the Base Chakra:
- For one month wear as much RED as possible. If nothing else you can just wear red underwear. Place red around the house, red flowers, red candles, wearing a red shawl at home, red shoes etc.
- Imagine sitting in a red bubble of energy
- Be outside for the sunsets. Imagine going into the red, immersing yourself in it.
- Listen to music, especially music with drums, bass, tribal beats, belly dancing, feet stomping kind of music.
- Dance every day.
- Tone a low “oooooh” sound.
- Wear or have around you the gems of agate, garnet, red coral, ruby, bloodstone, Smokey Quartz.
- Use the Sacred Blessing Crystal Essences of the above.
- Use essential oils of cedarwood for grounding and serenity, as well as marjoram and myrrh. To release blockages clove bud oil can help.
- Dance, swim, exercise outside in nature, do Tai Chi, garden.
- Eat red food and root vegetables. Drink red drinks, red wine.
Questions to ask to see if the Base Chakra needs balancing: (Answer yes or no to the following questions)
- I exercise regularly
- My diet is healthy and balanced most of the time
- I’m comfortable with my level of prosperity and abundance
- I take time to visit nature on a regular basis
- I feel good about my body
- I feel happy about how I earn my living – it is satisfying and enjoyable
- I focus on today – I feel very connected and grounded to what I am doing at the time.
I am a beloved child of the universe and I deserve love, peace and security.
I open myself to receive the abundance of the universe.
I am open to receive and accept love.
I am open to receive and be nurtured by the powerful energy of Mother Earth.
I am a physical being and value my physical presences
I resolve to take care of my body and accept it as it is today
I value it as the physical temple in which I live and I will aim to provide for its needs in terms of food, rest, stimulation and general nurturing
I am open to feeling safe and secure in my surroundings